Batim Mibifnim (Open House)
October 28 @ 12:30 - 17:00
From the “Open House” Website (entry #54):
A visit at a stone building that was constructed in stages between the end of the 19thcentury and 1900, apparently for a Christian family and as part of the Christian Crescent in the Amira neighborhood. The compound is also known as Churchill House because in 1941, during the British Mandate, one of the buildings was a guesthouse for British soldiers. The lower section of the building, which since 1962 has served as the Kehilat Har-El Reform synagogue, has a vaulted ceiling that testifies to its construction at the end of the 19th century. The visit also includes a look at the building`s original heating system room. Brief guided tours will start every hour.
Please note: access to the heating system room is via narrow and steep stairs.